Brochure Type: USA Canada and Central America 2022
Journey past the Grand Canyon, ancient Puebloan cliff dwellings and natural arches near Moab. Explore the Old West as the sun sets against a sandstone backdrop and attend the largest hot air balloon festival in the U.S.
- Explore the Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Bandelier National Monument and Santa Fe with a Local Specialist.
- Visit Scottsdale, Grand Canyon National Park, Monument Valley, Mesa Verde, Arches National Park, Moab, Durango, Taos and Santa Fe
- Scenic Drive through Sedona's Red Rock Country, Oak Creek Canyon, Grand Canyon National Park's Desert Scenic Drive, Monument Valley Tribal Park, Trail of the Ancients National Scenic Byway and the High Road Scenic Byway from Taos to Santa Fe
- Connect with Locals Enjoy an outdoor BBQ cookout prepared by a Navajo surrounded by buttes and mesas in their sacred lands at the Monument Valley Tribal Park.Enjoy Spanish culinary and a passionate performance of music and dance celebrating the Spanish heritage of Santa Fe.Enjoy a hosted BMG dinner at Canyon Steak and Waffle hosted by Shawn Welch. She worked as a server for many years before purchasing her own old-style diner.
- Dive Into Culture Board a 4x4 vehicle and navigate the iconic red valley landscape guided by a member of the Navajo Nation and Local Specialist.
- MAKE TRAVEL MATTER Stephanie runs a Non-profit organization Entre Flamencos that teaches the art of Flamenco to disadvantaged children in her community.
- Stays With Stories Stay at The Strater Hotel, adorned with beautiful handcrafted woodwork, housing the largest collection of American Victorian walnut antiques. It's Durango's Historic Landmark Hotel, showcasing stories of the old west and mining times.
- 1 Lunch
- 1 Welcome Reception
- 10 Breakfasts
- 2 Be My Guests
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- All transport and transfers shown
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Optional Experiences and free time
Call (815) 226-9900 for more information or to book today! Mention code 16627667
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2022
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Phoenix and Scottsdale||Welcome to Phoenix and Scottsdale: Sun-kissed Phoenix kickstarts your journey through America's stunning Southwest. You'll have the day on your own to recover from your travels, then meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception later this evening.|
Sonesta Gainey Ranch
|Day 2||See The Red Rocks of Sedona||See The Red Rocks Of Sedona: Your first stop today is in the artists' enclave of Sedona - surrounded by red-rock buttes, steep canyon walls and pine forests. You'll travel through Oak Creek Canyon next, with its rocky red cliffs, then venture to the UNESCO-listed Grand Canyon National Park, where a Local Specialist will share the canyon's many geological marvels. Tonight, you'll have an opportunity to overnight at one of the lodges inside the park.|
National Park Lodges
|Day 3||Take In The Sights Of The Grand Canyon||Take In The Sights Of The Grand Canyon: Don't miss an unforgettable experience: Rise early for an optional flightseeing over the Grand Canyon and then trace the scenic South Rim of the Grand Canyon along Desert View Drive. Visit the Desert View's Pueblo-style Watchtower offering views of the Grand Canyon, the Colorado River, and the Painted Desert. We'll all stop at Cameron Trading Post, founded in 1916 for Navajo and Hopi trading, to browse through handicrafts and perhaps sample traditional Native American fry bread. Take a walk to the rim of Glen Canyon to Horseshoe Bend Lookout point where the Colorado River has carved a horseshoe-shaped river meander on the sandstone canyon walls. This evening, join an optional experience for a bird's eye view from atop one of the desert Southwest's most fascinating features with a helicopter flight to the top of Tower Butte. Begin by flying eastward taking in views of Lake Powell, Glen Canyon Dam, and incredible Horseshoe Bend before ascending Tower Butte. Stand 5,000 feet above sea level and marvel at the 360-degree views as Glen Canyon, Lake Powell, Padre Bay, the Grand Staircase Escalante, and the LeChee Rock unfold before you. |
Courtyard by Marriott Page at Lake Powell
|Day 4||Take A Scenic Drive To Canyonlands National Park||Take A Scenic Drive To Canyonlands National Park: Depart Page and drive through Navajo Tribal Lands to Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park, the largest reservation in the United States with over 17 million acres of land between Arizona, Utah, and New Mexico. Dive Into Culture as you board a 4x4 vehicle and navigate the iconic red valley landscape guided by a member of the Navajo Nation and Local Specialist. Pause and settle in surrounded by buttes and mesas in this sacred land for a Connect With Locals outdoor chicken and steak barbeque lunch prepared by a Navajo tribe member as they share stories about the Dineh (Navajo) people and their connection to Monument Valley. Then continue to Moab on a scenic drive from Monument Valley where your Travel Director will share intel on some of the sights you'll see along the way. Sit back and enjoy views of the San Juan River, Mexican Hat, Bluff, and the Abajo "Blue Mountain" and La Sal Mountains. Your time in Moab-the gateway city to Arches National Park, Canyonlands National park, and the Colorado River-kicks off with a hearty Be My Guest Dinner at Canyon Steak and Waffle. So much more than a place to refuel after a day of exploring, this is your chance to sit down and learn about local life through our host and restaurant owner Shawn Welch. Shawn shares her story and connection to the diner as you learn about growing up in Moab and how she's come to own and operate an authentic American diner.|
Springhill Suites by Marriott Moab
|Day 5||Admire The Landscape Of Arches National Park||Admire The Landscape Of Arches National Park: This morning, discover how the forces of wind and rain have shaped the enchanting landscape of Arches National Park. Later, journey to Canyonlands National Park.|
Springhill Suites by Marriott Moab
|Day 6||Discover The History Of Mesa Verde||Discover The History Of Mesa Verde: We arrive in the UNESCO-listed Mesa Verde National Park to delve into the history and culture of the Ancestral Puebloan people. Explore their beautifully preserved sandstone dwellings. This evening, in Durango, your Stay With Story is historic Strater Hotel. You'll have the evening at leisure to explore the historic town of Durango.|
|Day 7||Dive Into Durango||Dive Into Durango: Enjoy free time in Durango today. Perhaps, enjoy a truly unforgettable step back in time, on an optional ride aboard the coal-fired, steam-powered narrow-gauge train. The train chugs along rails that were originally laid at the end of the 19th century, winding through a spectacular wilderness which would be inaccessible by car. If you're feeling more adventurous, opt for a white water rafting trip on the Animas River.|
|Day 8||Unlock The Legacy Of The Pueblo||Unlock The Legacy Of The Pueblo: This morning's drive takes you through the towns of Pagosa Springs and Chama. Then you will visit one of the greatest Ancestral Puebloan archaeological sites in the Southwest. Immerse into the fascinating cliff dwellings and take a walk along the canyon and volcanic mountains that surround this park and learn about the history of the people that inhabited this area around 1,000 years ago. The journey continues along the High Road - Santa Fe Scenic Byway, rich in history, art and culture. Arrive at the hotel, ideally located two short blocks from Santa Fe's Historic Plaza.|
Inn and Spa at Loretto
|Day 9||Taste The Unique Culture Of Santa Fe||Taste The Unique Culture Of Santa Fe: Join your Local Specialist this morning on a guided tour of Santa Fe. Experience this city where Spanish, Native American and Old West influences all combine to form a city with its own exclusive culture and character. See many of the city's major sights before you have the rest of the day to pursue your own interests. Perhaps venture down the artistic hub of Canyon Road lined with galleries, visit some of the city's top museums, or shop for Native American art and handicraft. This evening enjoy a Be my Guest Farewell dinner hosted by Stephanie Ramirez at her Flamenco Cabaret. Enjoy a lively evening celebrating Santa Fe's Spanish heritage with music, dancing and great food. MAKE TRAVEL MATTER with your visit, as Stephanie runs a Non-profit organization Entre Flamencos that teaches the art of Flamenco to disadvantaged children in her community.|
|Day 10||Revel At The Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta||Revel At The Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta: You're in for a wild time at Albuquerque's Balloon Fiesta. Explore Old Town Albuquerque after your arrival before venturing to the Chasers' Club this evening to view the mesmerizing Balloon Glow.|
Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
|Day 11||Albuquerque||Depart Albuquerque: Gaze upwards as hundreds of colourful balloons take to the sky. Then, transfer to Albuquerque International airport or consider extending your stay at the Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown. Airport arrival will be at 11:00 a.m, please be aware when booking your flights.|
- If you are looking even further ahead, this trip is available to book in 2023. Visit our website for dates and today's best prices.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class